Installing your VPN app from the Microsoft Store, just like you did on your previous device or Windows version, is the easiest way to get it up and running on your Windows 10 device.
A VPN’s app also contains all the bonus features of the VPN, including ad-blocking, automatic connection selection, and more. For those who are interested in the tech side of Windows 10, there is also a VPN client built into the operating system.
Creating a VPN profile and connecting to the VPN are two crucial steps that take about 15 to 20 minutes.
You’ll still need to select which VPN to connect to, even if you’re using Windows 10 to connect to a VPN. Your choice of service will determine who controls the servers that you intend to access.
Get a quick idea of which provider is best for you by reviewing some updated lists of the best VPNs. There are many choices to choose from, such as the Top 5 VPNs, best VPN service provider, and buyer’s guide in choosing the best VPN.
However, regardless of what service you choose, watch out for any signs that indicate an untrusted service. There will be a list of protocols to choose from during the VPN setup Guide. Choosing the right protocol determines how strong your encryption is.
There are several types of protocols you can choose from when choosing a VPN. Most VPNs use PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, and OpenVPN. When setting up your VPN, Windows will ask you what protocol you want to use. Your VPN provider will specify what protocol to use.
- To connect to a VPN, click Start> Settings> Network & Internet> VPN.
- Go to the Add VPN connection section and follow these steps:
- Choose Windows (Built-in) under VPN Provider.
- Enter a name that you understand in the Connection Name field (for example, “Home VPN”). You will use this name to locate the VPN connection.
- Put the address of the VPN server in the Server name or address field.
- Create a VPN connection of your choice. Identify the type of VPN service or connection your organization uses.
- In the Login Information box, enter the login information you would like to use. As a work user, you can connect to a VPN using credentials, one-time passwords, certificates, or smart card. Type your username and password (if applicable).
- Then click Save.
- To change your VPN connection information or add advanced settings such as proxy settings, simply select the appropriate VPN connection and click Advanced options.
Below is a list of the top 8 VPN services we recommend:
A number of highly regarded VPN service providers offer their services to consumers, including NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark VPN.
With these VPNs, you can hide your IP address, become anonymous, and choose from thousands of high-speed servers.
Let’s discuss them in more detail.
All VPN providers use HTTPS encryption to protect browser-server communication; all VPN providers also make users anonymous, so no one can find out their location.
VPN providers create the Kill-Switch feature, which shuts down the connection if there is an internet problem.
High-speed servers are available in multiple countries, along with thousands of dedicated IP addresses. As a result, users can enjoy a smooth and anonymous experience.
As these VPNs can unblock any restricted content on the internet, their unblocking power is unparalleled. Their service allows access to YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, and other social networks. Also, they are capable of unblocking streaming services and OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+ Hotstar, and others.
VPN providers provide a policy that does not log or share user browsing activity. Such providers include:
- NordVPN is a highly reliable VPN service that protects your privacy.
- Surfshark is the best VPN service for security and encryption.
- PIA VPN is one of the best Windows VPNs.
- IPVanish is the best VPN for Android.
- The best VPN for travel is Cyberghost.
- ProtonVPN VPN offers the best data breach monitoring.
- ExpressVPN offers the best encryption.
- PureVPN has the best server base.